The students named as the '1693 Scholars at William & Mary were formerly known as the Murray Scholars and before that the College Scholars program.
The Murray House was christened on September 29, 2013 as the new home of the 1693 Scholars program.1
Materials in the Special Collections Research Center
The Flat Hat, William & Mary News, and Alumni Gazette:
- Largest commitment in W&M history will fund merit-based scholarships WMN, 9/6/2002, pg. 1, 3.
- Donation to aid scholars FH, 9/6/2002, pg. 1, 3.
- 1693 Scholars Program finds a home, William & Mary News, 1 October 2013.
- 1693 Scholars webpage.