Skip to main content
Main Content


128 Pages
  • Adair Hall

    Adair Hall, 251 Ukrop Way, is located next to the parking garage at intersection of Ukrop Way (formerly Campus Drive) and Landrum Drive. The building was named for Cornelia Storrs Adair (1885-1962), a William and Mary student from 1921 to 1923, Phi Beta Kappa 1927, and the first woman recipient of…
  • Admission Office

    In July 2007, the College of William and Mary's former College Bookstore building became the new undergraduate Admission Office. The building was constructed on the site of the Morris House on Jamestown Road near the Campus Center.
  • Albert-Daly Field

    "On August 28, 2004, William & Mary officially dedicated Albert-Daly Field, the College's new grass facility for soccer and lacrosse.
  • Althea Hunt Hall

    Hunt Hall, presently a co-ed freshman dormitory at William & Mary, is located at 202 South Boundary Street, at the intersection of Grigsby Drive and South Boundary Street. It was formerly an infirmary and college hospital.
  • Alumni House

    The Alumni House was built on land purchased from William & Mary in 1847 by Samuel F. Bright. The building itself had been constructed in an Italianate style, with a central tower, probably in the 1850's, as revealed in an watercolor by Robert Knox Sneden from his 1862 sketch.
  • Barrett Hall

    Barrett Hall, 313 Jamestown Road, is located at the eastern intersection of Jamestown Road and Landrum Drive (formerly Old Campus Drive) at William & Mary. Named for Kate Waller Barrett, a member of the Board of Visitors from 1921-1925, it was the first building on campus named for a woman.…
  • Bee McLeod Recreation Center

    Bee McLeod Recreation Center Constructed: 1989 Renovated: 2005-2006
  • Blow Gymnasium

    William & Mary built Blow Gymnasium, 262 Richmond Road, after receiving a gift of $130,200 from Mrs. Adele Matthiessen Blow, in memory of her husband, Captain George Preston Blow, U.S. Navy. Construction began in 1923 and was completed early in 1925.
  • Bookstore

    The William & Mary Bookstore is presently located at the corner of Duke of Gloucester and North Henry Streets, run by Barnes and Noble since 2001.
  • Boswell Hall

    Boswell Hall, formerly Morton Hall, was named for John E. Boswell, an alumnus (class of 1969), and recognized scholar and advocate for the LGBTQ+ community, is located at 100 Ukrop Way at the intersection of Ukrop Way (formerly Campus Drive or Botetourt Drive) and Jamestown Road, southeast of Jones…
  • Botetourt Complex

    The Botetourt Complex, 100 Wake Drive, is located on a dead-end road, which runs southwest off of Ukrop Way (formerly Campus Drive) at William & Mary. The complex was named in honor of Virginia Colonial Governor Lord Botetourt.
  • Bozarth House

    The Bozarth House and Cottage at William & Mary is located on the northwest corner of Richmond Road and Armistead Avenue (205 Richmond Road and cottage at 126 Armistead Avenue). It was built between June 1920-March 1924, according to dated aerial photographs. In 1932, the property of J. Arthur…
  • Brown Hall

    The original Brown Hall, now known as the Prince George House, was established in 1924 with funds from the Dyson estate and the Browns and was named in honor of Mrs. Jane Brown and Cornelia Brown, members of a prominent Methodist family. It accommodated 12-14 girls. In 1930, that building was sold…
  • Bryan Complex

    The Bryan Complex at William & Mary, 300 Richmond Road, is located across from Zable Stadium at Cary Field and is named for John Stewart Bryan, former President and Chancellor.
  • Busch Courts

    "One of the newest athletics venues at William & Mary, the Busch Courts tennis complex opened in September of 2001. It is the outdoor home of the Tribe tennis squads. The complex features eight individual hard court surfaces. Each court features California Corners, a unique design that includes…
  • Busch Field

    Busch Field is an athletic facility at William & Mary. "The former home of the William & Mary men's soccer team, Busch Field opened in 1989, bringing a new excitement to Tribe athletics. Made possible by a generous grant from Anheuser-Busch Brewing Corporation, the facility opened in June…
  • Campus Center

    The Campus Center, 104 Jamestown Road, is an L-shaped building north of Trinkle Hall facing Jamestown Road.
  • Campus Map

    The size and layout of the campus of William & Mary has changed over the years, and that has necessitated updates to the maps of campus. One of the earliest maps of campus is the Frenchman's Map, which was used to restore Colonial Williamsburg and the Historic Campus of the College.
  • Chandler Hall

    Chandler Hall, circa 1931 Built: 1930-1931 Opened: 1931 Renovations: 1935, 1978, 2005-2006 Named for: College President J.A.C. Chandler
  • Chapman House

    Chapman House Constructed: pre-1861 Dedicated: 1955 Named for: Ann Chapman Demolished: 1960
  • Charles Center

    The Roy R. Charles Center's broad mission is to enhance the quality of undergraduate teaching and learning at William & Mary. It is named after Roy R. Charles, former member of the Board of Visitors and donor to the College. Many of the Center's initiatives seek to fulfill this mission with…
  • Cheatham House

    Cheatham House Acquired by the College: 1945 Previous Names: Pi Kappa Alpha House (1911-1912), Sigma Phi Epsilon House (1925-1929), Davis House (1929) Sold by College: 1989
  • Chemistry Building

    The Chemistry Building was a temporary building at William & Mary built in 1923. It was located approximately on the site of the present Washington Hall, which is situated along the Sunken Garden between Ewell Hall and McGlothlin-Street Hall.
  • Civilian Conservation Corps Camp (CCC Camp)

    The Civilian Conservation Corps or CCC Camp at William & Mary during the Great Depression was located on the present site of Yates Hall on Yates Drive, across from William & Mary Hall. This photo shows the location of the campu c. 1949 relative to Cary Field (Now Zable Stadium). Photo from…
  • Co-ed Lodge on Lake Matoaka

    The Co-ed Lodge on Lake Matoaka at William & Mary was organized in 1926 when women students petitioned for permission to erect a lodge on the shore of Lake Matoaka.

Want to find out more?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for other resources to help you find materials of interest.

Questions? Have ideas or updates for articles you'd like to see? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at or 757-221-3090.

A note about the contents of this site

This website contains the best available information from known sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information in this website is not complete, and it changes as we continue to research and uncover new sources.