Glenn Close (born 1947) is an award-winning actress.
Ms. Close attended William & Mary where she was involved in campus theatrical productions through the Dept. of Theatre, Speech, and Dance and the Common Glory. She graduated in 1974 a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Ms. Close was the 1989 Commencement speaker.
Productions at William & Mary
- 1970: Twelfth Night--Olivia
- 1971: Man of La Mancha--Antonia; You Can't Take It With You--Alice
- 1972: The Miser--Francine; Antony and Cleopatra--Cleopatra, also a small part as a boy; Common Glory--Eileen Gordon
- 1973: Brigadoon--Fiona MacLaren; The Trojan Women--Hecuba; The Seagull--Irina Nikolayevna Arkadina; The House of Bernarda Alba--Bernarda; Common Glory--Eileen Gordon
- 1974: Anything Goes--Charity; The Alchemist--Doll Common
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Glenn Close, 1970-1999, Series 1, Subseries 5, Box 5, Folder 18, Department of Theatre, Speech, and Dance Records, UA 59, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, William & Mary.