The Hicks Property at William & Mary was located on the north side of Richmond road, formerly 127 Richmond Road, and was the next house west of the Western Union Building.
1925--two-story house and lot given to College by Robert Morton Hughes, rented for store house, bookstore. (Board of Visitors, June 1926, p. 119) (Deed Transactions, City of Wmsbg. in 1982.60, Property-- Sales/Purchases, Oct. 7. 1925)
1927--Hicks Building, old frame building, formerly a store and subsequently the office of the Virginia Gazette in 1926, to be replaced by a new brick building, with section for Western Union office (The Flat Hat, 10/14/1927, 1)
1930s--Hicks House rented out
1926--see photo of President's House, Colonial Echo, p. 16
- University Archives Buildings File (2007), Hicks Property, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William & Mary.
- Board of Visitors minutes April 24-25, 1981, page 72, Resolution W-7 Approval to demolish the Hicks House