Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Abbot E. Smith Papers, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, William & Mary. (his book is included below)
- Virginia Gazette Index, 1736-1780: 2 volumes, call number AI21 .V5; copies are also available in Swem Library in Microforms Reference, Reference Virginia, & in the general stacks.
- Virginia Historical Index (Swem's) Index - Copies are available in Swem Library (in Reference-Virginia & the SCRC, call number F221 .S93)
- Tucker-Coleman Papers; search the Tucker-Coleman Papers card catalog under indentured servants and servants; including an interesting broadside, undated, (Tucker dated 1797).
- Check the old Manuscripts card catalog.
- Smith, Abbot Emerson. Colonists in bondage; white servitude and convict labor in America, 1607-1776.
Publication info.: Gloucester, Mass., P. Smith, 1965 [c1947]. Physical description: viii, 435 p. 22 cm. Swem Library call number: HD4875 .U5 S5 1965
- Coyle, Betty Wade Wyatt, 1946- . The treatment of servants and slaves in colonial Virginia. Publication info.: 1974. Physical description: vi, 116 leaves ; 29 cm. Note: Typescript. Note: Thesis (M.A.)--College of William & Mary. Call number: LD6051 .W5m Soc., 1974, C69
- Schmidt, Frederick Hall, 1937- . British convict servant labor in colonial Virginia. Publication info.: 1976. Physical description: viii, 299 leaves ; 29 cm. Note: Typescript. Note: Thesis--College of William & Mary. Call number: LD6051 .W5m Hist., 1976, S34.