This project provided a new 27,000 GSF facility, which includes a team locker room with associated equipment and training rooms, coach's offices, and two 80-yard practice fields. The facility is located at 101 Gooch Drive, adjacent to the northwest corner of Zable Stadium.
- Cost: $11 million
- Fund Source - 9D debt & Private Funds
- New GSF: 27,000
- Start Date: November 2006
- Finish Date: January 2008
- Design Team: Moseley Architects
- Contractor: W.M. Jordan Co.
- Steve Wasilefsky, Project Manager
- Anna Martin, Vice President, Administration
- Martha Sheets, Senior Planner
- Robert Dillman, Associate Vice-President, Facilities Management
- Wayne Boy, Associate Director of Facilities Planning, Design, and Construction
- Dave Shepard, Associate Director of Maintenance/Operations, Facilities Management
- Joseph Martinez, Deputy Associate Director, Facilities Planning, Design and Construction
- Lynda Butler, Vice Dean and Chancellor, School of Law
- Terry Driscoll, Director, Athletic Department
- Robb Dunn, Associate Athletic Director, Facilities and Operations, Athletic Department
- Jimmye Laycock, Head Football Coach, Athletic Department
- Stephen Cole, Assistant Director for Health Services, Athletic Department
- Andy Carter, Associate Athletic Trainer, Athletic Department
- Jerry Fife, Head Equipment Manager, Athletic Department
- Sarah Stafford, Student.Construction site
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Archaeological survey of the proposed Jimmye Laycock football training facility, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, Birkett, Courtney J. Williamsburg, Va. : William & Mary Center for Archaeological Research, 2006. Archives Books call number: F234 .W7 B57 2006.
- Photos of the open house from the SCRC's Flickr page.
- Jimmye Laycock Football Center, accessed 27 August 2007.