Sarah Ives Gore of Newark, Delaware, class of 1956, pledged $400,000 in 1990 toward the building of the College's Child Care Center. In 1992 Hanbury Evans Newill Vlattas & Co. of Norfolk won a Design Award citation for the center. Located at 114 Grigsby Drive, it is a 6,500 sq. ft. building containing seven classrooms, a large multi-purpose room, kitchen and offices. Two playgrounds, one for preschoolers and one for infants and toddlers, are located on a quiet wooded lot. The center can be reached from the parking lot near the Procurement and Facilities Buildings on Grigsby Drive.