Related to the College of William of Mary
The College of William & Mary enabled students to finish their education quicker during the war in part via a summer school program. A Navy Chaplains school was operated on campus during the war.
There is a chapter in The College of William & Mary : a history, (Susan H. Godson, et al, Williamsburg, Va. : King and Queen Press, Society of the Alumni, College of William & Mary in Virginia, c1993) about the World War II years.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- A guide to World War II material in the SCRC.
- Oral histories from students and Williamsburg residents about WWII. Others are not yet digitized and are available in the SCRC.
- The history of the Chaplain Corps, United States Navy, available in Swem's Special Collections and online through the Internet Archive.
- Audio recording of From The 'Burg To Berlin And Beyond: World War II At Swem Library Exhibit Tour.
- From the 'Burg to Berlin and Beyond: World War II at Swem Library exhibit of Special Collections material in 2008. Link goes to images of installed cases.