The Ice Cream Parlor owned by William & Mary was located at 261 Richmond Road. It was a two-story frame house, approximately 33' x'24', 22' x 18', 2000 sq. ft., constructed circa 1905-1910. It was the next house east of Thiemes House (303), Lot #19.
In 1973, the Ice Cream Parlor was purchased by William & Mary. (Board of Visitors, April 17, 1973, p. 459; May 18-18, 1973, p.8-9; Deed July 5, 1973 from Thomas D. Savage and Thomas W. Wood for Consolidated Land Register). In 1976, the building was to be repaired and used for temporary office space (Board of Visitors, May 13, 1976, p. 106). In 1978, the building was demolished (Acc. 1986.16 under Property--Consolidated Land Register).
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Board of Visitors Records
- Acc. 1983.70--Facilities Planning and Construction, Razing of Houses, Photographs
- University Archives Buildings File (2007), Ice Cream Parlor, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William & Mary.